It is natural, that after coming to a foreign country, exchange students might feel kind of confused. Everything is so different, people on the streets use Polish and every place is so strange… we all in ESN understand that. That’s why every academic semester starts with the Orientation Week. This is a form of our warm welcoming in Kraków.
In a nutshell, during the Orientation Week we organise more than 20 events which main aim is to get to know the city and to socialize with other exchange students, Buddies and ESNers. It’s an unforgettable week during which no one is bored.
Everyday, the participants experience life in Kraków from a different perspective. One time, it might be sightseeing with a professional tour guide, another time it can be a fight to death in the LaserTag area!
You might expect to take part in the following events:
- Welcome Meeting - a meeting during which you meet not only our Board and section, but also University Authorities. We introduce ourselves and talk a bit about what we do.
- Speed Friending - the best event to meet new people and break the ice. The name is kind of self explanatory. You will have an opportunity to make friends by discussing the imposed subjects (usually, less serious than you expect).
- PubCrawl - an event dedicated for beer lovers. We will take you on a tour around the best pubs and breweries in Kraków.
- Glitter Party - the most awaited party in the whole semester. You will dance till you drop in the club full of sparkling glitter. You will never forget that night, as well as you clothes.
- Go Jump - the event that will allow you to feel like a kid once again! We will visit the trampoline park where we will have tons of fun jumping around.
- Eurodinner - an event for foodies! You will have a chance to taste delicious Polish food, but also you are more than welcome to bring the traditional food from your country so that other exchange students can taste it.
- City Game - a game that takes place around the whole Kraków. The main aim is to learn about the city’s history and visit peculiar places by fulfilling special tasks.
- Zakopane Trip - a weekend trip to Zakopane located in Polish Tatra mountains. It is a great opportunity to beautiful Morskie Oko lake and do some hiking surrounded by amazing views.
Those are only a few of the events waiting for the exchange students to enjoy! Very often friendships that started during the Orientation Week last for the whole academic year if not for life!